From: Chris Watson <[email-masked]>

*********************************************************

Transcribed as faithfully and accurately as possible from 
the 1995 Ithaca Howdy Folks - Namaste

*********************************************************

                       Howdy Folks

            Ithaca / July 28th to August 6th

     NORTH EAST RAINBOW FAMILY REGIONAL GATHERING 1995

              Finger Lakes National Forest

The North East Rainbow Family (NERF) calls for all Peaceful 
Beings, Tribes, Nations, and People to GATHER in the NERF 
Region.  We invite everyone in the Rainbow Spirit to come
and give homage to the Mother Earth, join in celebration of 
life on this planet, rejoice, work in unity, and harmonize 
in Spirit.  We do this to rejuvenate each other and energize 
our world.  Come share our Vision....To Live in Peace...
Many Hearts...With One Mind......

THE SITE:
The Gathering is being held near two ridges, Burnt Hill and 
Hector Backbone.  The elevation is 1,820'.  This is an
ancient and historic site.  Please respect the traces of our
ancestors which are left to our care.  There are old trees, 
stone walls, and foundations, mounds and earth sculptures.
Come prepared for Thunderstorms, chilly nights, heavy dew 
and sunshine. There are hills, meadows, and some woods so 
be ready for mosquitos, ticks and maybe black flies....
and much beauty....

DOGS must be leashed at all times.  There are cows in the 
next field.  Even "just playful" dogs can cause livestock 
to stampede, breaking fences and creating havoc and serious
damage.  Please understand and honor this.

BRING PLENTY OF DRINKING WATER

***Please Honor the Sacredness of this Gathering *****
Money is passed only in the Magic Hat (passed at Main Circle).
This enables us to buy in bulk to feed us all and help carry 
on our network.  Please respect this Gathering as any other
Home of Spirit: NO guns, drugs, alcohol, pets, boom boxes 
or amplification.  Respect privacy: cameras are not 
recommended; videotaping by consensus, please.  We govern by
consensus and peaceful respect.  Bartering is encouraged; 
rip-offs and scams are not.  Use the Info board for Workshops 
and announcements.  Community fires only - firewood is
scarce.  This is a totally free, non commercial, spiritual 
gathering for Universal Peace and Healing.  Our right to 
gather is guaranteed by the 1st Amendment to the United 
States Constitution and reaffirmed by the Religious Freedom 
Act of 1993.  Copy and distribute freely.  Ignore all rumors 
of cancellation.

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

May 6         Cumberland Regional Gathering
May 21        Central Park Picnic in NYC
May 23        NYC Benefit
May 27-29     Memorial Day Council on the land in Ithaca, NY
June 3        Benefit at Woodstock Community Center
July 1-7      1995 National Rainbow Gathering in New Mexico
July 25       Seed Camp begins for Ithaca
July 28-Aug 6 North East Regional Gathering in Ithaca, NY

THERE WILL BE NO DRINKING WATER ON SITE ON MEMORIAL DAY
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
COUNCIL IN ITHACA.  BRING ALL DRINKING WATER YOU WILL NEED
                    ^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^
FOR THE WEEKEND.....AND MORE
^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^     ^^^ ^^^^

CONTACT #'s:
Diane & Dan (Ithaca)                 (607) 272-7582
Eileen (Ithaca)                      (607) 564-2725
Kay & Heather (Woodstock/Saugerties) (914) 246-6196
Joan (Maine)                         (207) 483-4690
Claude (Quebec)                      (514) 935-4086

DIRECTIONS:
from the Southeast: I-87 to Exit 8, 18 miles North of 
Binghamton, West on 79 thru Ithaca then 11 miles to 
228 North 2.6 miles, straight on 227 East 3.3 miles, left 
on Searsburg Rd.,at water tower, turns to County Rd. #1, 
left at Wardner Corners Rd.

from the West and Northeast: I-90 to exit 42, south on 96 
to Ovid, then 414 south 13 miles to Valois, left on Searsburg 
Rd., Right on Wardners Corner Rd.

SUPPLIES/RESOURCES:
If you can bring the things listed here, it will make you 
more comfortable.  Anything you can bring to share will help 
the Whole (You might not get everything back so.....)
- Bring your own water & containers
          - water may be scarce so come prepared
                         ^^^^^^ 
- Toilet paper & 2 lb. coffee cans w/lids for toilet paper dispensers!
- White buckets, bleach and biodegradable soap
- 2-1/2 gallon buckets for drip-dish/handwash system
- DRINKING WATER
- Magic Hat Donation
- Warm and Cold weather clothing.  Be prepared for both.
- Food Grade 5 Gallon buckets
- Shovels, axes, tools
- DRINKING WATER
- Your own cup, bowl, fork, spoon, and any other kitchen equipment
- Bulk Food: rice, beans, lentils, whole grains, flour, 
  onions, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, honey, tamari, etc.
- Comfy hiking boots, shoes & warm socks
- Plastic tarp w/rope, rain gear
- Tent, bedroll, foam pad, flashlight, canteen, camp knife, 
  matches, plastic garbage bags.
- DRINKING WATER
- Biodegradable soap, shampoo, sunscreen, toothbrush/paste,
  toilet paper, vitamins, first aid kit, contraception
- Wool sweaters, jeans, long johns, menstrual gear, towels, bandannas
- Granola, gorp & nuts
- Natural bug repellant, wash cloths, sponges, bleach, twine, nails
- 2 lb coffee cans (for dry toilet paper)
- DRINKING WATER
- Heartsong, visions, good energy, knowledge to share, love, peace,
  harmony, miracles, health, song & dance.
- Guitars, drums, tambourines, bells, flutes, etc.
- Cloth diapers, toys, fruit, warm cloths for baby.
- DRINKING WATER

WANTED:
Volunteers to organize and work on kitchens, benefits, 
SUPPLY, WATER, CLEAN UP, CALM
               ^^^^^^^^   
WORKSHOPS: yoga, sufi dancing, healers, herbalists, etc. etc.

RESPECT:
Mutual Respect Works: Respect Yourself, Respect Each Other, 
Respect the Planet.  Give each other the room we all need.  
Remember - This is a Sensitive, Healing, and Alive Place.  
There is a great power in Vibes and Voice.  Our actions can 
inflict pain or counteract it. Please respect the freedom of 
expression given to us here.  Walk gently in Body and Spirit
with the Land and with Each Other.  Come with open heart.  
We are all the Peace Keepers!

IMPORTANT PLEASE:
We need everyone to prepare.  Bring strong plastic bags or 
whatever you need to take all of your personal waste away 
from the gathering site to a responsible disposal area.
Think before you pack; Can I deal with all the waste of 
what I'm bringing? Recycle what you must on site,
Recycle what you can back home.

LETS AVOID THAT HUGH MOUNTAIN OF GARBAGE/RECYCLING AT 
CLEAN-UP!

MEMORIAL DAY COUNCIL ON THE LAND
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, is a planning Council for 
the July Regional.  Please come ready to work on the enormous 
hole in the road.  Bring SHOVELS, picks, saws, rakes, 
wheelbarrows, post-hole diggers and lots of elbow grease.
(It's REAL big but we have gravel and it's do-able.)  
There will be NO COMMUNITY WATER ON SITE for this weekend.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bring your own WATER.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR CLEAN-UP!

A BENEFIT FOR the Ithaca Regional WATER SUPPLY FUND at 
the WOODSTOCK, NY, COMMUNITY CENTER June 3rd @ 8:00  
    >LIVE MUSIC< 
info: (914) 246-6196