Subject: Re: REAL Mods for the HTX-202

From: [email-masked] (Fred McKenzie)
Date: 20 May 93 13:18:25 EST

Re-Posted from Packet:
>From        : KB9FAI
To          : INFO  @ALLUS   
Date/time   : 15-Feb 01:09
Title       : * * * HTX-202 * * *  DISPLAY MOD/FEAT

Hello to all HTX-202 users  from   KB9FAI  Montello Wi.  .

Yes beleive it or not I found an UNPUBLISHED mod for the HTX-202 and will
be forwarding this to R.S. , etc.

I was looking at the Alinco DJ-580,  the salesperson pointed out a lock
feature on the display/keyboard to illuminate the rig for mobile operation.
 I wish my rig(202)  did that.  would be nice in the truck.......

So on Feb. 7 / 93 while listening to a local net I was playing around with
it.  This mod/feature will cause the display to remain  ON  rather than
shutting off after the 5 second light delay.  Mine has now been on 2 hr.
and the display is only a little warm.   

Do the following :
1 )   Press the  F  key ( uper left side above  PTT )
2 )   While holding this key in  press the  L  key (  under PTT  )
3 )   Thats all !   Enjoy your radio in the dark !

Hope this little option/feature  helps all of you that wanted an
illuminated HTX-202 !  I know I will enjoy mine ALOT more !!!

You are all very welcome,   73's de  KB9FAI,  Randy Mueller  
Send any replies via packet to  WB9ZRE @ RIPON WI.
                               BYE !

--- End of messsage to INFO  @ALLUS    from KB9FAI ---